- 10 Baby artichokes
- 4 Cloves of garlic - very finely chopped
- 2 Tbs Fresh Parsley - very finely chopped
- EV olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- Salt & pepper-
- Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until you reach the yellow light green part of the artichoke.
- Cut the top part of the leaves (about 3/4 inch), trim about 1/4 inch of the stem and peel the stem.
- Cut the artichoke in half and place them in a bowl of water in which you have squeezed the juice of one lemon.
- Clean all your artichokes and keep them in water for about 10 mins.
- Put a very light coat of olive oil in a cast iron pan and let it get very hot.
- Coat each piece of artichoke with a very thin film of olive oil and put them in the pan facing down.
- Cook them for about 5-6 mins. or until they begin to turn brown.
- Turn them over and cook them for another about 7-8 mins.
- Put all the artichokes in a platter facing up.
- In a little bowl, put 5 Tbs of olive oil and add the garlic and parsley.
- Mix well and with a teaspoon spread over each artichoke.
- Sprinkle with salt and fresh black pepper